- Not bad
- Very good
- Very good
- Your rating:
Your rating has been saved
Oops, something's gone wrong. Try again.
LibreOffice is fully compatible with:
- Windows 2000
- Windows XP
- Windows 2003
- Windows Vista
- Windows 7
- Windows 8
You'll also need:
|Memory:||256 MB||512 MB|
|Free space:||1,5 GB|
LibreOffice is also compatible with ▼▲
LibreOffice is also available in other platforms ▼▲
Versions of LibreOffice
|LibreOffice 4.2 Final 31/01/14||Free (GPL)||English||Download|
|LibreOffice 4.1.3 Final 31/01/14||Free (GPL)||English||Download|
|LibreOffice 4.1.2 Final 21/11/13||Free (GPL)||English||Download|
|LibreOffice 4.1.1 Final 07/10/13||Free (GPL)||English||Download|
|LibreOffice 3.4.3 Final 14/11/11||Free (GPL)||English||Download|
Did you know about a new version? Tell us
A great open source alternative to Microsoft Office
- This release is bit-for-bit identical to the 3.5.4 Release Candidate 2, so you don't need to download or reinstall if you have that version already.
- The distribution for Windows is an international build, so you can choose the user interface language that you prefer. Help content is available via an online service, or alternatively as a separate install.
- Our Windows binaries are digitally signed by The Document Foundation.
- For Windows users that have LibreOffice prior to version 3.4.5 installed, either uninstall that beforehand, or upgrade to 3.4.5. Otherwise, the upgrade to 3.5.4 may fail.
- For Windows users that have OpenOffice.org installed, we advise uninstalling that beforehand, because it registers the same file type associations.
- If you run Windows 2000, you may require this update before being able to install LibreOffice.
- If you run Linux, the GCJ Java variant has known issues with LibreOffice, we advise to e.g. use OpenJDK instead.
- LibreOffice contains all the security fixes from OpenOffice.org in 3.3.0, and perhaps more as a side-effect of the code clean-ups.
- Microsoft Office 2010 will complain that ODF 1.2 and extended documents written by LibreOffice 3.5 are invalid (but opens them still). This is a shortcoming in MSO2010 only supporting ODF 1.1, please see here for further details.
- Open Source
- Complete office productivity suite
- Compatible with Microsoft Office
- It takes time to learn certain advanced features
"Missing Font Color choice"
My download for Windows does not have the ability to choose Font color, my linux version does. I can select back ground color but not font color.
Other than that, appears to be very good alternative to MS Word.
- 25 Aug 2011
Top Downloads: Productivity Suites
Cryptolocker is one of the most dangerous viruses of recent years. When it infects your PC, it... See more
The popular free Office alternative for Windows, LibreOffice has been updated to version 4.2. This... See more
Questions and answers LibreOffice
- Under discussion
- 0 answers
- *****cannot translate without context********